- How salaried employees can increase their hourly rate - a discussion of an article I found on OmniNerd.com called Paid Twice a Month versus Every Two Weeks.
- Seven steps to wealth - What does Dr. William D. Danko who wrote The Millionaire Next Door - The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy have to say? Believe it or not, the wealthy are not usually those that make the most money.
- Avoid Lending Scams - In connection with my blogging here on PLR I received a letter from a lady who was a victim of a lending scam. On the Lending Club blog I shared excerpts from her letter and tips from the FCC on how to avoid these scams.
- Gambling away wealth - Gambling is one of those money suckers that can quickly consume your income before you know it.
I've enjoyed being part of the blogging team and have learned a lot from the other personal finance bloggers. Two recent articles from DebtKid were quite popular on Digg - 7 Mistakes Geeks Make With Their Money (and How to Fix Them!) and 7 Dating Tips - Ideas for How to Save Money.
New Prosper blog - Propser started a new blog two weeks ago and today they announced that Rateladder will be the editor-in-chief. Rateladder runs several peer to peer websites (RateLadder, ProProsper, and P2P No Bank) and has been a lender on Prosper since July 2006.
So far I've been quite impressed with Prosper's blog. They have pulled in several great writers with different perspectives. Here's a quick run down of the highlights:
- LazyMan, runs Lazy Man and Money blog - Do You Need a Budget? and How Many Income Streams Do You Have?
- Brett McKay, author of The Frugal Law Student - 6 Ways To Save on Traveling This Holiday Season
- The Silicon Valley Blogger (SVB) from The Digerati Life - 10 Super Strategies To Manage Your Debt
- Omahajay - Lender experience
- Mapgirl from Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge - Why I Love Being a Prosper.com Lender
- Eric Petroelje from ericscc.com - Follow the Leader: Watching Lenders and Groups on ericscc.com
- Mike from Prosperous Land - Diggin’ For Gold Around The Portfolios
In addition to a variety of guest posts, the Prosper blog also has updates from Prosper staff. This is a welcome addition and something I asked for when I reviewed the top Prosper blogs last summer. Previously Prosper had communicated with users through their forum and John Witchel's (Prosper CTO) blog on prospers.org. That prospers.org blog has since been removed and there is quite a online battle right now with some dissatisfied users. The blog is certainly a step in the right direction to communicate effectively with the public.