This exciting growth and the mainstream adoption of p2p lending in the general public will cause new p2p lending companies to emerge in the U.S. and throughout the world. We have observed several projects on freelance coding websites to build "Prosper clones."
- The first advertisement was in late June on Rent a Coder. The winning bid was Hiren Kotadiya from India who agreed to build a Prosper clone for $250.
- Next we found an ad on iFreelance.com from someone looking for help building a peer-to-peer lending site.
- A third ad in July on ScriptLance asked for help building a site similar to Prosper.com.
- A fourth ad, also in July, on Getafreelancer.com asked for someone to build a P2P lending site for the Asian market.
Another project just appeared on ScriptLance. Someone wants to build a "Prosper or Zopa Clone." The project budget is $300-600 and here is the description:
"We are looking for clone of either Prosper or Zopa or a mix of these two sites. We need full design, programming and setup of the website and the underlying databases. the clone must not be violating copyrights of prosper nor zopa.
- Programming languages to be open source (e.g. PHP/mySQL)
- has the features and functionalities of prosper or zopa
- online payment gateway integrated
- Daily communication / update during website building is necessary (via email/msn/or PMB)
- Bidders please state clearly your delivery timeframe and link of demo. Thanks for bidding!"